As a newly pregnant mom-to-be, you may feel both excited and a little overwhelmed thinking about the journey ahead of you. When choosing an obstetrician-gynecologist (OB) you are comfortable with can help you feel more confident and relaxed as you move through the different phases of your pregnancy and prepare to meet your new little one.
When you start your search, you’ll probably go online or ask friends or family if they know someone they might recommend but be sure to ask the questions below to help you choose the right OB for you.
- Does this doctor have a good reputation?
- What is this doctor's training and experience?
- What is the OB's general approach to pregnancy care and delivery?
- Will the OB support the type of delivery I want (elective induction, natural birth, water birth, no pain meds)?
- Am I comfortable with the OB's views about when to induce labor or perform a C-section?
- What percentage of the OB's patients have C-sections?
- What percentage of the OB's patients have episiotomies and under what circumstances are they performed?
- If I want to work with a doula, will the OB support that choice?
- How does the OB manage pain during delivery?
- Who covers for the OB when he or she is not available?
- If another OB might handle the delivery, can I meet him or her beforehand?
- Does the doctor listen to me and explain things clearly?
- Is my spouse or partner comfortable with this doctor?
- Is the office staff pleasant and helpful?
- Is the office location convenient?
- How are emergencies and after-hour calls handled?
- What hospital is the OB affiliated with?
The Great Falls OB/GYN Associates welcomes your questions and as Independent Healthcare Providers have been dedicated to providing the highest quality, personalized healthcare to women of all ages for over 40 years. From adolescence to childbirth to menopause, you will find individualized attention from our board-certified physicians, licensed practitioners and caring staff. We specialize in routine and high-risk obstetrics to state-of-the-art services in gynecology. If you are looking for a new OB/GYN, we welcome the opportunity to have you join our family.
Call us at the Great Falls OB/GYN Associates, (406) 761-7924 or go online to greatfallsobgyn.com